29 May 2011

Alicia Novella
1. Spanish for 'Alice'; Alice means Truth
2. 1902; novel (n.) from It. novella "short story," originally "new story," from L. novella "new things" (cf. M.Fr. novelle, Fr. nouvelle), neut. pl. or fem. of novellus. Originally "one of the tales or short stories in a collection" (especially Boccaccio's), later (1640s) "long work of fiction," works which had before that been called romances.


A novel is like a violin bow; the box which gives off the sounds is the soul of the reader. [Stendhal, "Life of Henri Brulard"]

"I would swim up the Amazon with 45 pound dumbbells tied to my scrotum and Elen Degenere's quiff as my air supply if it meant I could eat a nice dinner with you over Skype on a dial up internet connection."
Brown Black Blue Eyes
"And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey. And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter."


PLANT ON PILL, 1994
The tomato plant grows pretty well with the help of contraceptive pills...

A swift kick to an intractable problem makes it much easier to define.

No comments: